Courtesy of Food Network & Paula Deen
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar
- 4 cups biscuit mix
- 2 cups milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Garlic Butter, recipe follows, optional
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
To a large bowl, add the cheese. Add the biscuit mix and gradually add the milk. Stir together until desired consistency is reached. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Scoop the batter with an ice cream scoop and drop onto the prepared baking sheet. Brush the biscuits with garlic butter. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Brush the biscuits with more garlic butter when they come out of the oven.
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a bowl mix together the butter and garlic.